Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Heart Overflows

This week has been a week of overwhelming joy, my heart overflows with thankfulness.  On Wednesday, my small group of 8th grade girls and I did a night of prayer stations based on ACTS (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication).  Just when I was beginning to feel like faith wasn't all that important to my girls, they overwhelmed me when they wrote out the names of God as their prayers of Adoration.  As I read them out loud, I began to weep, one of the girls had to take over for me.  God is drawing us together.  Friday and Saturday brought Hearts at Home, again another overwhelming outpouring of encouragement to me as a mother and health care provider from those at the conference who let me know how much my session on Nutrition "mattered" and "changed their lives."  I truly felt the Holy Spirit at my side at 2:40pm on Friday and Saturday, thank you to all who prayed.  God continually told me on Friday and Saturday, "I've always been by your side, Rachel, why would I not be at your side today?"  I got to finish this week baptizing one of my 8th grade girls during the Junior High service at Eastview--I've never baptized anyone before; again, my heart overflows.  Praise to you, dear Lord, who pushes us into molds we don't think we fit into.  Bless you, Father, for always being our sustenance, you have overwhelmed me with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment